OPEN provides a range of services to support Victoria’s child, youth and family sector to become more evidence-informed.
OPEN brings together practice experience with research and evaluation expertise to help you understand and demonstrate how your day-to-day work makes a difference.
Sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin, or how to determine the best approach to measure outcomes and integrate evidence into the design and development of a service or program.
With OPEN, you don’t have to tackle this challenge alone. Contact us! OPEN can provide over-the-phone support and guidance to keep you moving in the right direction.
If you are a DHHS-funded organisation or project with limited resources please get in touch with us to see how we might assist you.
Insights, Data, Evaluation Advice & Support (IDEAS) Projects
IDEAS projects are offered free to DHHS-funded OPEN members. We can work with you to:
- Plan for outcomes measurement e.g. developing a theory of change and program logic
- Identify suitable methods and tools to provide you with high quality data
- Streamline data collection and management and reporting processes
- Provide advice and guidance on the quality and usefulness of your current data sets to turn data into evidence and support evidence-informed practice.
“The work carried out and the report produced by the OPEN project has been a huge support … A community program being able to source free expert support such as this is extremely valuable; it builds capability in evaluation and supports the development of evidence-based practice which ultimately supports families and children in our communities.”Project Worker, Community Service Organisation.
Check out the Blog to read about some of the IDEAS projects we completed in 2018 with child, youth and family services across the state.
If you think you have an IDEAS project, are a DHHS-funded organisation or have a DHHS-funded project and have limited resources, contact us to find out how we can help!
Training and Workshops
OPEN services support a culture of learning and inquiry across the sector. We will cover a range of topics in relation to evidence-informed practice, evaluation and continuous improvement, such as:
- Theory of Change and Program Logic
- Data management (data collection, analysis and use)
- Introduction to Evaluation
- Commissioning quality evaluations.
We can also customise training and workshops based on the needs of your team.