If you’re planning or overseeing a program
The Identify phase means using a range of methods to understand the issue; consulting with children, young people and families, community partners and identifying relevant data.
Try these techniques to help you ‘Identify’:
- Conduct a needs assessment, by;
- Gathering and reviewing program information: client feedback, case notes, monitoring data and QlikView
- Analysing population data
- Undertaking stakeholder consultations; here are some useful tools to get you started
- Develop a program logic and theory of change
Keep in mind: while a Theory of Change is relevant to every phase in the Journey, here, you will use it to document desired outcomes and the inputs or resources needed to achieve them.
Here are some data sets to get you started: